- The promoter is: Australian News and Feature Service whose registered office is at 607 Eastpoint Tower, 180 Ocean Street, Edgecliff, NSW, 2027.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years and over. Employees of Australian News and Feature Service or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- One entry per person.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are here.
- Closing date for entry will be 5pm AEST, Friday, the 26th of July, 2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
a) In 25 words or less, entrants must tell us why they want to be a professional stylist.
b) The winner will be the entrant who has been judged to have entered the most creative, humorous and original response.
c) Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
d) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory language.
e) Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
f) The winner will receive free enrolment into The Professional Photo, Film, TV & Personal Stylist’s Course, for the course commencing on the 31st of July, 2017.
g) The prize does not include any costs incurred while undertaking the course, such as, but not limited to costs associated with travel, the purchase of goods or services associated with completing course, or course extension fees.
h) The winner agrees to accept the terms and conditions of the course enrolment as indicated here.
i) The total value of the first prize is AU$1095. The total value for each of the remaining prizes is a $200 partial scholarship.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability.
- The winner will be notified by email on Friday the 28th of July. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The promoter is entitled to use entrant’s details for future marketing purposes in relation to The Professional Photo, Film, TV & Personal Stylist’s Course. Entrants may unsubscribe from future mailings by giving notice to the promoter using the unsubscribe link in an email.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.